Pages

"Operation Christmas Child" Our New Family Tradition 2011



Last year our li'l family participated in Operation Christmas Child. What is this? It's the simple power of spreading the word of the Lord, by packing a shoe box for a child who otherwise would not receive a gift during Christmas.
It's a true blessing to be able to teach our child the gift of giving, compassion and love. I pray too, that we can raise an unselfish, caring, and compassionate child; and this is a great ministry to show him how he can help others.  This has become our new family tradition during Christmas.  

Packing the shoe boxes.

We were blessed to have been able to pack 5 boxes for 5 children 
and 5 lives have changed forever. Thank you Lord!  

Getting ready to drop off the shoe boxes at the church. 

My friend Elizabeth with her 2 young children also joined us! 

Love to see the children walking in to drop-off their shoe boxes. 

Church members of the drop-off location standing by the map of where the shoe boxes will be delivered. 

We're almost 2 months away from National Collection Week which will be November 12-19, 2012.  I'm so looking forward to it, and I'm happy to say that I will have more friends & their children joining us this year.   

I already have a few boxes packed with items that I have purchased through out the year, and freebie items that I have been able to collect.  So this year, I'm doing something different with little man. I'm  going to take him to the store, and let him "shop" for one boy and one girl.  This is going to be a great lesson, since he will be actually picking out toys, and goodies for someone else, and not for him. 

I will post pictures, and blog about our 2012 OCC Shoe boxes soon! 

For more information on packing shoe boxes go here.