Pages

Looking Back on the 2014 Popular Posts on Heritage, Culture, and Language

As the new year comes to an end I'm looking at my popular posts, including one that is very dear, and near to my heart.  However, this parenting post will be revealed on January 2nd.  So stay tuned! In the meantime, read the popular post on heritage, culture and language.


Heritage 
This post Growing Up Black During the Segregated Era Interview With My Son’s Grandparents is a very special post. Mainly because one of the reasons that I started writing this blog was, and is for my son. When I embarked on interviewing my in-laws, it was important to me that he hear from his own grandparents the struggles they had living and growing up in the segregated era. 

Culture 
Living in a small town that doesn't offer multicultural events  has me conjuring up ideas in which I can expose my son to diversity, and culture.

These cultural play dates, and parties have played an important role in exposing him, and his friends to different cultures, such as: Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo, and Three Kings Day from 2013. 
This year the Hispanic Heritage Month Fiesta, and Winter Kwanzaa Celebration have been just as popular! 

This past summer we also had the opportunity to review the MKB World Soccer Cup 2014 Activity Packet, and we learned about the participating countries.

As a contributor to +Multicultural Kid Blogs my all-time favorite post is the Back to School for Multicultural and Biracial Kids post. A simple guide with tips for parents, and teachers on transitioning multicultural and/or biracial kids back to school. 

Language Learning 
In my never-ending quest to raise a bilingual, and biliterate child I have ventured in making free printables of materials that I've used for him: Foot Book Spanish Activity {El Libro del Pie}, Museum Scavenger Hunt Printable in Spanish, and Demolition Children's Book with Free Printable Spanish Activity.

I'm looking forward to 2015!  May you have a wonderful, and prosperous 2015!