Monday, January 2, 2017

DIY Three Kings Ornaments

Epiphany is in 5 days, and we are so excited!  Of course, our Christmas tree is still up and we're making Three Kings Ornaments.

This year I really wanted to make these ornaments,  and it's really hard, and nearly impossible to find king shaped cookie cutters.  So I made my own, and so can you. You just need a little bit of creativity.

Three Kings Salt Dough Ornaments

Use aluminium cookie cutters that you can reshape:





Make your ornaments with salt dough.  I used the recipe from here, but this makes a huge batch! So next time I'll just cut the recipe in half.


Once they are cool draw the faces on the ornaments. I drew them with a pencil that I can erase and draw again. 


Lastly, get your kids to help! We used permanent markers to color them, and glitter glue.  Once the glue was dry, I spray painted it with an acrylic sealer.


This is a super easy, and fun activity to do with your kids for Epiphany!  I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! 

¡Feliz Día de Reyes! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

© Discovering The World Through My Son's Eyes 2012. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by the owner/author of Discovering The World Through My Son's Eyes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...