Pages

Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Turkey Craft

With Thanksgiving coming up we were ready to make some turkey crafts. :)

This easy kid-friendly Thanksgiving craft was made out of craft foam, and we used glue and buttons for the eyes. I can't draw a turkey so I searched the net for turkey templates. Little one picked two of the templates, and the one we used for the craft can be found here.

As I cut out the templates, he was coloring some of the turkeys and decorating a plastic box with Fall leaves.


Once I finished cutting out the craft foam, we talked about the shapes, colors, and counted how many pieces we needed to make the turkey. He had lots of fun making them, and I made one too. I personally think his (on the left) looks so much better than mine. :) The turkey cut-outs, we will use them to decorate and make "Thanksgiving Day" cards. (That will be our next project). 

As we were making the crafts, and talking about Thanksgiving. I told him how thankful I was for having him as my son, and that we were truly blessed. I had not finished yet, when he tells me, "I'm thankful for my Daddy, for my Mommy, and for our house!"


I also have to add that he says "grace" a small prayer before each meal time. It's short, and simple but very straight to the point (coming from a 4 yr. old):  "Thank you God for the food we are about to eat, and please give food to those who don't have any. Amen"  

What are you thankful for? How do you teach your children gratitude?