Pages

A Big Lollipop Christmas Tree Card

I love this time of year, and I love that little one is old enough to help make Christmas ornaments like the ones found here and here. Now he will help Mommy make a big lollipop Christmas tree card!

I remember when I was in elementary school our teacher made a huge lollipop Christmas tree on a poster board. I think I was pretty impressed by it, because till this day I can remember vividly the card! It was made of red and green lollipops, and she'd treat us with a lollipop for good behavior. So I set out to bring that childhood memory to life!  I wanted to recreate the lollipop Christmas tree on the poster board, but instead I'd make a Big Lollipop Christmas Tree Card for my little one to give to his pre-school teachers and friends.

Materials needed:
  • 22x28 green poster board 
  • 21 flat lollipops 
  • stickers to decorate 
  • magic marker 
  • hot glue  
Fold the poster board twice to make a big 11x14 card. Then use your imagination!  I traced the words "Merry Christmas" for little one  to trace over. After he decorated his card, I had him write his name inside; and then I hot glued the lollipops on the card in the shape of Christmas tree. I really wanted red and green lollipops, but couldn't find any. So I guess putting some glittery stickers would do, and little one was happy to help!
Writing Merry Christmas on the card.

Decorating with stickers. 

Decorating the lollipops with glittery stickers. 


Outside view of the card. 

Close-up of the lollipop Christmas Tree. 
The next morning little one was ready to go to pre-school! He couldn't wait to take the Big Lollipop Christmas Tree Card to his teachers and classmates. When we walked in he whispers, "Momma, tell my teacher about the card." I said, "OK, put your jacket away, and we'll go together."  (She was sitting on the floor having circle time with the rest of the kids).   I asked if she had a minute, and told her that our son had made this Christmas card for her, his other teacher, and his classmates (as he handed it to her).  She was so excited, and thanked him. When she opened the card she was gushing all over it! She loved it!!! She told the kids, "Look at this lollipop tree! What do you say to him?" and in unison they all said, "Thank you!" The look on my son's face was priceless, he was so excited and happy!  As I left his class room his teacher says, "Thank you Ms. Crafty Mom!" Ahhhhhhhhh that made my day! I felt like the Mom of the Year knowing that my son has brought some Christmas joy to his school friends, and teacher! 
With his teacher. :) 
This was such a simple and fun "do-it-yourself" Christmas card, that I think we will be making more to give out as gifts. It will also be our new fun family Christmas tradition: Making Big Lollipop Christmas Tree Cards! 

What fun Christmas card, or craft have you done with your little ones? I'd love to hear from you! Please comment, like or share!  

Merry Christmas! 
¡Feliz Navidad!