Pages

Backyard Barbecue Bloghop: Grilling Season

First Annual Backyard Barbecue Bloghop

Announcing the first annual Backyard Barbecue Bloghop!

I can't tell you how excited I am to be joining other bloggers in the first annual Backyard Barbecue Bloghop!

Of course, the first thing that crosses my mind is grilling season!! My husband loves, loves to BBQ! He even has his own special barbecue sauce recipe (sorry, but my hubby refuses to share his recipe). However, I will share with you a honey barbecue sauce that I enjoy. 

Honey BBQ Sauce

1 1/4 c. ketchup
1/3 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. molasses
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. chili powder

Combine all ingredients in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.

We love this time of the year, and it has become a family tradition even our son has his own barbecue grill! :) My husband usually preps the meat: pork, chicken, ribs, and steaks with seasoning salt, garlic salt, worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Then he sets them on the grill, and slathers them with the barbecue sauce. I'm off the kitchen that day, except for getting the sides ready for example, like baked beans, corn, rolls, etc. We then enjoy the long summer days with some yummy barbecue with our family! 
Grilling season is on! 
Even little one has his own barbecue grill! :) 
Please link up below all of your family-friendly summertime ideas below. Share with us your wonderful recipes, activities, and crafts that summer time brings. The linky will be open through July 13, so be sure to come back later in the summer to share more of your great summertime posts!

The Backyard Barbecue Bloghop is brought to you by:

With our wonderful co-hosts: