Pages

Learning Spanish: Penmanship and Mathematics (Caligrafía y Matemáticas)

Little one and I have been working hard on his reading, and writing in Spanish. With that in mind, we're focusing on beginners penmanship skills, and mathematics.  I found on-line this really cool booklet called Las Aventuras de Lia y Grafo Cuaderno de Ejercicios de Caligrafía that we've been using it in combination with the Spanish "Preparación para la Lectura y Ortografía" and "Preparación para la Gramática" workbooks that I bought during our visit to Puerto Rico this past summer.

Unfortunately cursive writing will not be taught in schools.  So that's on me to teach him. I know he has a long way to go before he starts writing in cursive, but it's something that I want to start with him early on. By practicing cursive writing strokes, and having fun at the same time he's on his way to eventually starting to write in cursive when he's older. 


 

For mathematics we are using the addition worksheets packet from Blessed Beyond a Doubt, and the abacus.  I've also been using with him the Spanish workbook "Preparación para las Matemáticas."  


The best part of all of this is that the lessons have been in Spanish! Using the abacus, reading, and writing the numbers en Español. :)

Need more ideas on teaching Spanish in your home? Click here so you can check out all our past lessons. Or check out my Pinterest board: Bilingual Education & Resources. I created this board to compile bilingual education and resources for my son.:)

¡Hasta la próxima!