Pages

All Natural Bird Feeder & Bird Watching


Looking for a fun afternoon activity with your children? How about making an all natural peanut butter feeder, and then go bird watching? I found this great post here, and I knew it was something that I wanted to do with my little man.  He had his best friend over, so we had a fun filled afternoon. 



All you need is an empty roll of toilet paper,  peanut butter and bird seeds. I set up the table outside for the kiddos, and spread the peanut butter on the roll for them. Then they had tons of fun rolling the toilet paper roll on the seeds.


Each one made three, and I used a round wiring (used for tomato plants) for them to put them in.
Once it was finished we hung it on two trees! Voila! A simple, and fun activity to do with your children. 


Now the best part! Bird watching, and we even had binoculars! The children and I waited outside for a while to see if we spotted any birds coming to eat off the bird feeders, but I have a feeling the birds knew we were close by! :)  Bird watching takes time, and patience; soon enough I found out that trying to keep a 4 yr. old, and soon to be 5 yr. old still was difficult!  Eventually the kids got tired of waiting.  :) However, the day was beautiful and they played outside in the back yard for the rest of the afternoon.  

Needless to say a few days later we saw birds come and eat off the bird feeder. My son was excited! 

What fun things do you do outdoors with your children? Would love to hear from you! Please comment, like, share or pin!

¡Hasta la próxima!