¡Bienvenidos a nuestro blog! Como una familia multicultural compartiremos con ustedes como edúcamos a nuestro hijo en cuán diverso, y maravilloso él mundo es. Enseñándole el amor por los libros, la vida, diferentes culturas, y a aceptar su identidad multicultural. Ayudándole a él a expandir sus horizontes y su visión del mundo, que a su vez nos ayuda a nosotros "a descubrir el mundo a través de sus ojos."
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
|This is by far my favorite picture! You had what we say in Puerto Rico dos granitos de arroz por dientes (two bottom teeth), and look at that adorable (want to squeeze, and fill with kisses) face!|
|We had you smash your birthday cake, but you weren't too thrilled about it. |
Though when both Daddy and I licked your fingers, you were tickled!
|Top left: After the party was over we had you open up all your gifts. You seem to like the dinosaur to scratch your gums. Top right: Daddy working on the grill. Bottom left: your two Tíos & Grandpa, and bottom right: your cousin.|
Sunday, May 19, 2013
This week Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop features:
- Be a sweetheart, and kindly follow your hostess and co-hostesses:
- Follow us via email, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook. Please let us know you're following us, and we will be sure to follow you back.
- Link up any creative kids culture posts. Such as language, culture, books, travel, food, crafts, playdates, activities, heritage, and holidays, etc. Please, link directly to your specific post, and no giveaways, shops, stores, etc. When you link up your blog will also be shared simultaneously on our co-hostesses websites. :)
<div align="center"><a href="http://discoveringtheworldthroughmysonseyes.blogspot.com/" title="Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2TlwB8obs5Q/UTDr2P8JEGI/AAAAAAAAGOQ/laky9JIEcGU/s1600/share+culture+button+2-email+small+size.jpg" alt="Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Please grab the button code above and put it on your blog or the post you’re linking up. You can also add a text link back to this hop on your blog post. Note: By sharing your link up on this blog hop you are giving us permission to feature your blog post with pictures, and to pin your link up in our Creative Kids Culture Feature board on Pinterest.
- Don't be a stranger, and share some comment love! Visit the other links, and comment. Everyone loves comments!
- The Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop will go live on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. It will run for a week. The following blog hop we will feature a previous link up post, and if you're featured, don't forget to grab the button below:
<div align="center"><a href="http://discoveringtheworldthroughmysonseyes.blogspot.com/" title="Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop" target="_blank"><img src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ajb4TxSmYlI/UTDtNW_oCLI/AAAAAAAAGOY/g-TYeax5flc/s1600/featured+culture+button+2-email+small+size.jpg" alt="Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Want to know when is our next Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop? Click here.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back.
- Post the award images in your blog.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 other blogs and let the writers known about their nominations!
Seven facts about myself:
- I am multi-tasker, and just wished there were more hours in a day!
- I am a planner, and like to visualize what I have planned out. If plan A doesn't work, I will always have plan B, or plan C. This annoys my husband :) He hates to plan, and says it never works out as he planned it, but those are his plans, right? LOL
- I like to be punctual, and on time. It annoys me when people are late.
- I struggle with my weight (never ending story).
- I don't have pets, because I don't like them. That doesn't make me an evil person!
- I love to cook. On Sundays I cook all of the meals for the week; but haven't been able to do so in months (read fact #1).
- I am older mom, and only have one child. Had I been younger I would have had three children like my Mom.
My nominations are: (♫♫ drum roll please!♫♫)
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
|His drawings of the shapes, and then I wrote the name in Spanish underneath each one.|
|Multilingual puzzle for a $1! Can't beat that!|
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Announcing the first annual Backyard Barbecue Bloghop!
|Grilling season is on!|
|Even little one has his own barbecue grill! :)|
The Backyard Barbecue Bloghop is brought to you by:
With our wonderful co-hosts:
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Last year was our first year participating in Stamp Out Hunger.
|Last year's donation to Stamp Out Hunger. Sixty food items purchased by shopping for items on sale, and using coupons.|
For Stamp Out hunger I purchase food items on sale, and I also go through our pantry with little one for canned goods. On the day before collection, little one helps me put the food items in bags, and he and his Daddy place them by our mail box. As we're bagging the food I use this moment as an opportunity to talk to my son about how other families are not as fortunate as we are, and that it's a blessing for us to be able help them. I pray that doing this as a family we are instilling in our son the gift of giving, compassion and helping others.
This has not been the first time we've donated to those in need. In the past, little one and I have gone through his clothes, toys, and books to donate. He's been very happy to give his things away, and he knows that he's helping another child in need. :)
We're so blessed to be able to participate this year in Stamp Out Hunger, and we would love for every family to look into their pantry. Even if you just leave one can of food in your mailbox that would make a huge difference. Every little bit counts! So check your pantry, and see what food item you can donate.
Thursday, May 9, 2013
|His current pre-k teachers.|
|Group picture with all of the teachers.|