Pages

Kids Survivor Themed Birthday Party

We are huge Survivor fans! So what better way to celebrate our son’s 6th birthday party with a Survivor theme!  Of course, this was my husband's idea, and our child ran with it!!! Little one went crazy coming up with different challenges for the tribes, and ideas for his birthday. We did a lot of brainstorming, and of course, I scoured the internet looking for ideas.  

For the invitation I didn't do anything fancy.  I created an event on Facebook with the details for the party. Since our son's party is in July = major heat I planned to have the party from 10 a.m. - 12 noon. 

On the invite I had the following:   
  • Bring the kids in swimming gear! Bathing suits, swimming trunks, and an extra set of clothes. The kids will get wet! We’ll also have kiddie pools to beat the heat!
  • Make sure to read the welcome board to see what tribe you're assigned to.
  • We will have an auction just like in Survivor, but with fake money! Have your kids brush up or practice simple math up to $20, and how to bid!
  • Last but not least, lunch will be served!  So let me know how many adults will be coming as well. 
  • Survivor! Outsmart, outlaugh, and outfun!!!! 
We had the party in our yard. It was set-up with the challenges, auction table, cake table, and a green swing decorated for the gifts.

I set-up two areas in the back yard with the tribe's names (we went for simple) Red Tribe, and Blue Tribe. I printed the logo that I found on Chica and Jo's website. I decorated a white poster board with the logo, and tiki cut-outs I found at the dollar store. Then I taped the poster board to the tiki torches.
 



Little one invited 18 of his friends. Upon arriving to the party each child was welcomed with a huge sign, and his or hers assigned tribe. Being the bilingual and multicultural familia that we are, the welcome sign was in both English, and Spanish as well as the "Feliz Cumpleaños" sign on the cake table.

We then grouped the children in to two tribes: Blue Tribe, and Red Tribe. Each one received a blue or red buff (bandanas) to use through out the party.   

Welcome sign! 

Cake table. It was raining in the morning so we set the table under the carport. Luckily it stopped raining and we took the table outside by the trees.

Gift swing!

We can't have a party without a piñata!  Of course, I wanted a monkey, or some other jungle animal but my child insisted on having a bunny rabbit piñata! Yes!!! Well, it is his birthday so we went with his idea! :) 


To send this kids off, and being that it's a Survivor party little one gave out the perfect party favor! Castaway Ocean Slime Party Favor!
Castaway Ocean Slime Party Favor. 
You're probably wondering...What about the challenges? What games did the kids play? Stay tuned for an upcoming post on Kids Survivor party games.  

Do you and your family watch Survivor? 

¡Hasta la próxima!