Monday, March 28, 2016

Easy Guava Cheesecake Recipe

Nothing screams more to me "Puerto Rico" than taking a bite of this creamy and oh so delicious guava cheesecake! 



Savoring a bite of guava cheesecake reminds me of my days working in a restaurant that sold the famous "cheesecakes de guayaba." Such fond memories!  I'm trying to get my little one to enjoy the guava cheesecake as much as I do, but he doesn't really like anything with "cheese" in it, and he's a die-hard chocolate fan!!!! So what's a mamá to do?? I make it, and cut  a slice for me; and freeze the rest. This guava cheesecake freezes well. 

Here's the recipe for you.


  • 2 packs of 8 oz. softened cream cheese (for a lighter version I used Neufchâtel cheese) 
  • 1/2 cup of guava paste 
  • 1/4 cup sugar 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 ready-made pie crust 
  • 4 tablespoons of guava jam 

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cream cheese, guava paste, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed.  Add the eggs, and mix together.  Pour mixture into the ready-made pie crust.  Bake for 40 minutes or until the center of guava cheesecake is firm. Chill for 3 hours or overnight spread guava jam over it, and then serve.

¡Buen provecho!

What is your favorite dessert?


No comments :

Post a Comment

© Discovering The World Through My Son's Eyes 2012. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by the owner/author of Discovering The World Through My Son's Eyes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...