Pages

Easy Guava Cheesecake Recipe

Nothing screams more to me "Puerto Rico" than taking a bite of this creamy and oh so delicious guava cheesecake! 



Savoring a bite of guava cheesecake reminds me of my days working in a restaurant that sold the famous "cheesecakes de guayaba." Such fond memories!  I'm trying to get my little one to enjoy the guava cheesecake as much as I do, but he doesn't really like anything with "cheese" in it, and he's a die-hard chocolate fan!!!! So what's a mamá to do?? I make it, and cut  a slice for me; and freeze the rest. This guava cheesecake freezes well. 

Here's the recipe for you.


  • 2 packs of 8 oz. softened cream cheese (for a lighter version I used Neufchâtel cheese) 
  • 1/2 cup of guava paste 
  • 1/4 cup sugar 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 ready-made pie crust 
  • 4 tablespoons of guava jam 

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cream cheese, guava paste, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed.  Add the eggs, and mix together.  Pour mixture into the ready-made pie crust.  Bake for 40 minutes or until the center of guava cheesecake is firm. Chill for 3 hours or overnight spread guava jam over it, and then serve.

¡Buen provecho!

What is your favorite dessert?