Looking to read Latino Children's books during this Christmas with your kids? I've got you covered! For 12 days you can read a different book and have fun with your kids doing an activity.
This post contains affiliate links if you click on the link, and if you make a purchase I will receive a small monetary compensation. Thank you!
Day One: Peru/USA
- Book: (Not) Home for Christmas (The Wanting Monster) by Mariana Llanos
- Activity: Now who wouldn't love to make magic reindeer food? You just need three ingredients!
Day Two: Spain/USA
- Book: El día que los Reyes Magos se toparon con Santa Claus by Ana Galan
- Activity: Bake gingerbread kings with your kids.
Day Three: Mexico
- Book: A Piñata in a Pine Tree: A Latino Christmas Twelve Days of Christmas by Pat Mora
- Activity: Got some toilet paper rolls? Make a piñata ornament..
Day Four: Puerto Rico/USA
- Book: Mimís Parranda/La Parranda de Mimí by Lydia M Gil
- Activity: Gather some instruments and have your own parranda!
Day Five: Mexico
- Book: Too Many Tamales by Gary Soto
- Activity: Feeling adventurous in the kitchen? Make tamales at home with your kids.
Day Six: Dominican Republic
- Book: El mejor regalo del mundo: La leyenda de la vieja Belén by Alvarez
- Activity: Grab some branches, and make a charamico.
- Book: Carlos, Light the Farolito by Jean Ciavonne
- Activity: Make a farolito
- Book: The Legend of the Poinsettia by Tomie dePaola
- Activity: Make a felt poinsettia . It's super easy, and fun to do.
- Book: The Night of Las Posadas by Tomie dePaola
- Activity: Have the kids dressed as Mary, and Joseph and re-enact las posadas.
Day Eleven: Puerto Rico
- Book: Los Tres Reyes (a caballo) by Carmen Rivera Lassen
- Activity: Grab an empty shoe box, and have the kids decorate it.
- Book: The Christmas Gift / El Regalo de Navidad by Francisco Jiménez
- Activity: Take the time to donate to someone in need.
I truly hope you and your kids will enjoy yourselves during these 12 days of Latino kid's books and activities.
son los mejores deseos
de nuestra familia a la tuya!